Berlin W, Rankestrasse 24
In answer to your questions :
- Eitingon (from what he told me himself) was in Vienna for the first time in late January 1907.
- The’ "Freudian Association" must have held its first meeting in mid-year 1907. Myself, I made a presentation during one of the first meetings (on sexual trauma) which was published in November 1907; I had to decide by the end of summer.
3. It is difficult to answer the third question. When I arrived at Burghölzli in December 1904, it was already interested in psychoanalysis. This interest grew rapidly during the period following. For the period prior, Here what is safe :
- "The occult phenomena" (1902) de Jung, in which your interpretation of dreams is cited (p. 102).
- The analysis of Jung attempted on patient B. St., published in the appendix to the "psychology of dementia praecox".
- Several studies conducted by the Association had already been published.
- Hysteria was analyzed by Jung (in 1904, certainly).
I guess a very strong interest in psychoanalysis was born probably in 19o3, but perhaps only 1904.
I address my cordial greetings haste. Yours